January 11th, 2020
The demand for dental implants is growing in the United States and throughout the world. There are several reasons for this… such as increased public education, a maturing population, ill-fitting or poorly made dentures, and the high success rate of dental implants. Several scientific studies conducted by the AAOMS (American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons) have concluded that 69% of 35-44 year-old patients have one or more missing teeth, and 25% of elderly patients will be completely tooth-less. Add in the fact that the US Census predicts the US elderly population to double in size by 2050, and it is easy to see why dental implants are an increasingly in frequency.
At Lovda Family Dental in Hoffman Estates IL, we understand the priorities of our patients when replacing a missing tooth. That is why our team provides the latest in dental technology when discussing, planning, and placing dental implants to replace missing teeth to ensure your smile lasts a lifetime.
Broken or Missing Teeth? Call and schedule a consult with Dr. Lovda today!
December 27th, 2019
Happy Holidays from Lovda Family Dental!
The holidays are notorious for sweet indulgences and acidic beverages that can turn a joyous holiday season into a painful dental emergency. Fortunately, we at Lovda Family Dental have come up with some tips to protect your oral health throughout the festive holiday season.
- Remember to drink water after enjoying champagne or sparkling wine. We can help return the gums and teeth to a normal balance If we drink water immediately after consuming sugary beverages. Also remember, purified water is much healthier than flavored, “enhanced” bubbly water.
- Chewing gum is a great way to help clean the tooth surfaces after meals. If done in moderation, chewing gum does not cause temporal-mandibular disorder, also known as TMD. In fact, chewing gum helps the body remove remaining food particles and sugar off the surface of teeth, preventing tooth decay. Xylitol-based chewing gum has been known to increase salivary production, a crucial part of maintaining a healthy smile.
- Enjoy the sweats in moderation. Dental decay is notorious for occurring during the holidays due to the presence of so many sugary treats. While saliva does help clear sugar from tooth surfaces, frequent indulgences can easily overwhelm our ability to prevent tooth decay from occurring.
- Brush your teeth! This is obvious, but frequently overlooked when the stresses of the holidays slowly creep up. Coffee, sugar, red wine, and carbonated beverages are all causes of dental decay, and can lead to tooth pain or fracture. Once a tooth is fractured, dental implants are highly recommended to restore a healthy smile.
- Do not chew ice! This is frequently overlooked cause of cracked and broken teeth. Ice is incredibly hard and when chewed, can put an enormous amount of force on the surfaces of teeth and cause fractures. Again, once teeth are broken, dental implants are primary method for replacing teeth.
With the holidays upon us, contact our Hoffman Estates, IL office to schedule a check-up with our team at Lovda Family Dental!
December 14th, 2019
Dental implants are an increasingly popular method for replacing missing teeth. As technology progresses and treatment techniques are refined, the success rate of dental implants has increased dramatically over the past decade. At Lovda Family Dental, we take great pride in providing the very latest technology to ensure our patients enjoy their smiles for a lifetime. With advanced technology at our disposal, my team and I are able to offer dental implant services to every patient at Lovda Family Dental.
Sirona Galileos CBCT 3D Imaging
Cone-Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) is an exciting area of dentistry that allows me to view any patient’s jaw and teeth in 3D. This is extremely important to ensure the correct size dental implant is placed in the correct, accurate position within the jaw. Quickly becoming the standard of care, Sirona Galileos CBCT (cone-beam computed tomography) 3D imaging is an essential part of providing the very best in dental implant surgery to our patients.
With Christmas right around the corner, feel free to contact our Hoffman Estates, IL office to schedule a consult with Dr Lovda to discuss if dental implants are right for you.
December 4th, 2019
Dental Implants were first observed in ancient Egyptian Pharaohs in 1000 B.C.? Today, dental implants have become a time-tested method for missing teeth, but what does this mean for you? Why are dental implants better than a traditional denture or even a bridge? Below are three reasons why you should consider dental implants:
DENTAL IMPLANTS ARE HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL FOR MISSING TEETH
Recent research has stated that dental implants have a 95% or greater success rate. This make dental implants one of the longest lasting method for replacing missing teeth.
DENTAL IMPLANTS ARE THE MOST CONSERVATIVE WAY TO REPLACE MISSING TEETH
Unlike bridges or traditional dentures, which require drilling on otherwise healthy, neighboring teeth, dental implants only focus on the area where the missing teeth is located. This makes dental implants one of the most conservative treatments available for missing teeth.
DENTAL IMPLANTS MAINTAIN ORAL HYGIENE
Dental implants are very similar in size and shape to natural teeth, making dental implants an excellent treatment option when brushing and flossing to prevent gum disease and maintain overall freshness.
Please contact our Hoffman Estates, IL office so we can talk about how dental implants can benefit you today!